Wine just don't give a sound!

Questions about Wine on Linux
Pelly
Level 2
Level 2

Wine just don't give a sound!

Post by Pelly »

The same problem, again!
Since I've upgraded from squeeze to wheezy, I installed the stable Wine from the wheezy repositories. I had the same Wine, installed from a compatibile OS or maybe compiled by hand on squeeze and worked perfectly with ALSA, but on wheezy it acts like dumb. It turned out that PulseAudio was the cause. I've checked my packages and their versions. PulseAudio and alsa-plugins seem to be up to date but still no sound. I need a solution to this problem. And don't say OSS, it always detaches my sound card.
dimesio

Re: Wine just don't give a sound!

Post by dimesio »

Pelly wrote: installed from a compatibile OS or maybe compiled by hand on squeeze
If I understand you correctly, you are saying the Wine you used was not built for the OS you are now using. It needs to be.
Pelly
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Pelly »

I've got my Wine on wheezy from the offical Debian repostiories. It's 14.14 I think. Where I can get the winepulse driver for my Wine? If you say development, then provide me the binary version, please. I've tried to compile it on squeeze but I had to install OSSv4 which borked up my sound configuration.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

I think you must mean 1.4.1. You could try the latest development release, but if your distro does not provide binary packages for it, you will have to build it yourself. WineHQ does not build or distribute binaries.

The winepulse driver is not part of Wine and not supported here. Get it from its creator.
Pelly
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Pelly »

Nevermind, I solved it with reinstalling ALSA and leaving PulseAudio alone.