epoc cam in wine?

Questions about Wine on Linux
billybob420

epoc cam in wine?

Post by billybob420 »

I am running fedora 18 64bit, still very new to linux and was wondering if any nice people here could let me know if I even have a chance at getting this running here on my linux box.. I am attempting to run the cam viewer after installing the windows drivers and get this:

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x7de63a39).
Register dump: ...

and a backtrace and a bunch of deferred and dwarf modules which sounds bad to me.. so I'm not sure if this is something i can simply fix by downloading a few dlls, or if ya' really need to be a programmer to figure these things out, or if kinonis epoc cam app is just too marginal and i'm helpless to ever geting it to work.. Any help would be appreciated or if im at the end of my journey then so be it, as id like to not have to go out and buy a webcam but if that is so then so be it :) thanks.

btw i am taking classes on computers so i just barley understand what a stack dump and exception handlers are but not enough to really troubleshoot anything.
dimesio

Re: epoc cam in wine?

Post by dimesio »

Windows hardware drivers don't work in Wine.
billybob420

Re: epoc cam in wine?

Post by billybob420 »

Thanks for the reply!!

Darn these drivers confuse me.. I could run my win7x64 in boxes but that just sounds rediculous to me now... oh well, shall start saving up now :lol: