Problem full screen on Debian Squeeze

Questions about Wine on Linux
nightside
Level 1
Level 1

Problem full screen on Debian Squeeze

Post by nightside »

Hello everyone, I have a problem in Wine. I installed it on Debian Squeeze (version 1.5.25), the installation was normal as all dependencies resolved, but when I want to use a program that uses full screen (eg, a game) he quit the program and go to the screen login. I'm using kernel 3.8.2, with Nvidia driver 310.40 (owner, installed by that file. RUN). Its resolve this, I thank you. Sorry my English, I used Google Translator.
dimesio

Re: Problem full screen on Debian Squeeze

Post by dimesio »

If you're being sent back to the login screen that means X is crashing. Wine is a user-level process and can't crash X by itself, but it can expose bugs in the graphics driver. Things to try:

1. Run the app in a virtual desktop (winecfg=>Graphics tab)
2. Reinstall your graphics driver. If your system is 64 bit, make sure you have the needed 32 bit parts.
3. Install a different version of the graphics driver.
nightside
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problem full screen on Debian Squeeze

Post by nightside »

dimesio wrote:If you're being sent back to the login screen that means X is crashing. Wine is a user-level process and can't crash X by itself, but it can expose bugs in the graphics driver. Things to try:

1. Run the app in a virtual desktop (winecfg=>Graphics tab)
2. Reinstall your graphics driver. If your system is 64 bit, make sure you have the needed 32 bit parts.
3. Install a different version of the graphics driver.
Thanks for the reply, when I tested worked fine in Ubuntu Wine, I'll try the settings of winecfg to find a way to work here ... Thank you again.