Questions about Wine on Linux
LearninLinux

I need help with getting league of legends onto Ubuntu 12.10

Post by LearninLinux »

I followed most of the instructions on this thread
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=1946188

But when I get to this section of the "Step 4: Move a Previous Install of LoL"

You should place the folder (Riot Games) into the following location:
(/home/[USER]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/)

Make sure you replace [USER] with the correct name.
ALSO, .wine is sometimes hidden from view, so you may have to find it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have completed the above tasks, you will now have to open the LoL Launcher. To do that, you will have to type the following two lines of code into a terminal every time you want to play LoL.

code: cd "/home/[USER]/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/system"
(changes directory to where you have LoL folder installed)

I get stumped,I cannot find the riot folder so I cannot even place it into my program files directory.All I get when i look at the league of legends folder is

( A folder that says .rsrc
a document files that say UPX1, UPX0, Certificate
and the last one says .rsrc_1 )

I looked in the folder for another folder that would perhaps say Riot Games but no luck.
I also try to install it through wine program loader but I get this error message that says
"Sorry,The application nautilus has stopped unexpectedly.And then it goes on about errors an such I think.I did basically everything on the tutorial I linked at the top beside all the Riot game folder scripts I linked.I got stuck their an cannot figure it out can someone help me please!? :(

[Specifications on what I am currently using as far as programs and OS:
I am currently using wine 1.4 because the tutorial said that is what I would need in order to have it working properly.I have Ubuntu 12.10] :cry: