Installed Steam with Winetricks.Want to undo some 'features'

Questions about Wine on Linux
Virum
Level 1
Level 1

Installed Steam with Winetricks.Want to undo some 'features'

Post by Virum »

Hello.

I installed steam using winetricks. It seems that by default It disabled the gameoverlayui. I typed winecfg in the terminal and verified that it was not disabled under the libraries tab. It appears winetrick disabled it some other way? Because I still cannot open the over lay. How can I undo this 'fix' winetricks applied?

Thanks.
dimesio

Re: Installed Steam with Winetricks.Want to undo some 'featu

Post by dimesio »

If all you typed in the terminal was winecfg, you got winecfg for the default wineprefix, ~/.wine. Winetricks installs apps to their own wineprefixes in ~/local/share/wineprefixes. You have to specify the wineprefix Steam was installed to when running winecfg. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#wineprefix
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

One more thing: there is a reason winetricks disables gameoverlayrenderer.dll by default. Re-enable it at your own risk. http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24064
Virum
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Virum »

I changed prefix and the issue was the same.

I modified the winetricks file its self to remove that fix then reinstalled Steam. Everything is working the way i want it, now.

Gameoverlay works on playonlinux so i knew my machine could handle it. But the playonlinux steam install was doing some weird things with the windows (half black and occasionally text looks really bad). The winetricks install seems to be working much better.

How I just have an issue with pulseaudio and WINE that the wiki articles didnt seem to help with :\

I have sound but no mic in WINE