how to clean up when application uninstall fails

Questions about Wine on Linux
ennoborg

how to clean up when application uninstall fails

Post by ennoborg »

A few days ago, I tried Ancestral Quest 14. Install went fine, but when I tried to uninstall, something went wrong, so I'm stuck with an Ancestral Quest 14 entry in the Wine Programs menu, and another one in the Wine uninstall dialog.

On Windows, I know how to clean up the Program Files and Start Menu folders when a thing like this happens, and I can also use something like ccleaner to get rid of the uninstall entry, but I don't know how to remove start menu and uninstall entries in Wine, and I can't find anything about that in the FAQ either. There is an entry about cleaning up everything, but not for a single application.

Can anyone help? I'm running Wine 1.4.1 on Mint 14 Nadia Xfce.

thanks,

Enno

P.S. The Ccleaner test page has no recent tests, but I can give it a try.
core
Level 3
Level 3

Re: how to clean up when application uninstall fails

Post by core »

You can do this through Winetricks -> Select the default wineprefix -> Delete all data and applications inside this wineprefix
or go to '/home/your_name/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/' and delete folder(s) you need.

Hope for Mint is the same like in Ubuntu.
ennoborg

Re: how to clean up when application uninstall fails

Post by ennoborg »

H'm, delete all would be to much, and removing program files would not change the start menu.

But on looking again at the Wine C: drive, I found a users folder, with my name in it, and there I found the usual Start Menu entries too.

After removing those, and restarting Mint, I got rid of the Ancestral Quest entries.