Prevent Wine from Seeing My Network Drive

Questions about Wine on Linux
jakfish

Prevent Wine from Seeing My Network Drive

Post by jakfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 am

Lubuntu 12.04LTS, Wine 1.4/Gecko on Lenovo S10-3t

Hello, All,

My XP shared directory is mounted via fstab, but when I disable my wifi (for battery savings) and then start Word 97, Word hangs on the splash screen until I reactivate wifi.

For a while, I thought this was a Gecko issue, but in Wine Config/Drives/Drive Mapping, I see my network share listed as E: /mnt/efile.

I can remove it, but Wine finds it again upon reboot.

How can I tell Wine to ignore all network drives?

Much obliged for any assistance,
Jake

dimesio

Re: Prevent Wine from Seeing My Network Drive

Post by dimesio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:58 pm

You can delete the z: drive, either manually or with winetricks sandbox. Note this will make everything outside that wineprefix inaccessible to all apps in it, and some apps may not work properly.

jakfish

Re: Prevent Wine from Seeing My Network Drive

Post by jakfish » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 am

Many thanks for your response. I did remove the z: drive, which--as you had warned--shut down a needed directory. So I put back the z: drive.

However, before this, for testing procedures, I also removed the drive of the network share. But removing z: and e: didn't prevent the freezing of Word 97's startup with the wifi turned off.

Do you think an fstab mounting of the network share transcends any handle-jiggling in winecfg? (I use an fstab mount so I don't have the hassle of doing the sudo mount in terminal.)

Thanks again for your help,
Jake