Steam, Wine 1.5.18, Fedora 17, Not enough disk space avail

Questions about Wine on Linux
Predatorian3
Level 1
Level 1

Steam, Wine 1.5.18, Fedora 17, Not enough disk space avail

Post by Predatorian3 »

I recently installed, and updated Fedora 17 with Gnome 3. I installed the regular Steam client for Fedora, but none of my games are designed for Linux. So I installed Wine, and then installed Steam with that. I then had to run Steam using

Code: Select all

wine /home/user/.wine/drive-c/program files (x86)/Steam/Steam.exe -no-dwrite
to get the words to appear and accept text. I was able to run a game, Dawn of War 40k, on my machine. Then I saw that all the textures were "messed up". I exited the game, and my screen was chopped in half, and i could not access the right hand side of my screen. (I think the ALT+F2, then type "r" will fix that) I restarted my computer, and it was gone. I opened the linux steam client again by accident and closed it. After waiting for the process to kill, i opened the wine steam using a bash script that contains the line above. then i receive and error that says.
You do not have enough disk space available to run this game.
Please free up disk space and try again.
I'm not sure what all I need to do now.

Fedora 17 64bit.
Kernel Linux 3.6.10-2.fc17.x86_64
GNOME 3.4.2
Wine 1.5.18
Predatorian3
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Steam, Wine 1.5.18, Fedora 17, Not enough disk space ava

Post by Predatorian3 »

After waiting a day, I was able to open Steam using wine. Now, for some reason, after updating my video card drivers, steam is telling me it cannot initialize the video card. Is there a setting in the Wine Config panel i need to look at?
Predatorian3
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Steam, Wine 1.5.18, Fedora 17, Not enough disk space ava

Post by Predatorian3 »

This is the console output from my script running the Steam program. I am trying to open and play Dawn of War 40k: Game of the Year edition.

Code: Select all

fixme:appbar:SHAppBarMessage unknown msg: 4
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETSTATE): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=3): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=1): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=0): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=2): stub
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly (using GL renderer "GeForce 8800 GTS 512/PCIe/SSE2", version "1.4 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 304.64)").
err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Failed to find a suitable pixel format.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.
fixme:appbar:SHAppBarMessage unknown msg: 4
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETSTATE): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=3): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=1): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=0): stub
fixme:appbar:handle_appbarmessage SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETAUTOHIDEBAR, hwnd=(nil), edge=2): stub
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7f748c "?" wait timed out in thread 0028, blocked by 0029, retrying (60 sec)