problems with photodraw & wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
ladykaoru

problems with photodraw & wine

Post by ladykaoru »

Hello, i'm newbie, i almost have 2 months with xubuntu. I enjoy the new system so much that i try everything to bring it to xubuntu. In my other computer i have my beloved photodraw and the rejected windows :S. So, i install the program running on wine (my netbook is an hp with 2 G RAM memory, with xubuntu 12.04 precise pangolin and wine 1.4). I try to install photodraw, i open the program and appears a window "the program photodraw.exe have encountered a serious problem and need to close. This may be caused for a problem in the program or a deficiency on wine...." and also, appears a lot of names and numbers detailing the "problem". Any help? i can attach the report problem... i try w/ different extensions (.pdf,.doc, .rtf, .txt). If this is necessary, i'll post later.
ladykaoru

Re: problems with photodraw & wine

Post by ladykaoru »

ladykaoru wrote:Hello, i'm newbie, i almost have 2 months with xubuntu. I enjoy the new system so much that i try everything to bring it to xubuntu. In my other computer i have my beloved photodraw and the rejected windows :S. So, i install the program running on wine (my netbook is an hp with 2 G RAM memory, with xubuntu 12.04 precise pangolin and wine 1.4). I try to install photodraw, i open the program and appears a window "the program photodraw.exe have encountered a serious problem and need to close. This may be caused for a problem in the program or a deficiency on wine...." and also, appears a lot of names and numbers detailing the "problem". Any help? i can attach the report problem... i try w/ different extensions (.pdf,.doc, .rtf, .txt). If this is necessary, i'll post later.
i mean, i couldn't attach the report file... if this is necessary, i'll copy here or tell me which file extensions supports the forum to upload.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Start by upgrading to the latest development release, currently 1.5.16. If it still doesn't work, post terminal output. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
ladykaoru

Post by ladykaoru »

thank you, i'll try to upgrade... at first