Pepakura Designer & Viewer cannot launch

Questions about Wine on Linux
Guan
Level 2
Level 2

Pepakura Designer & Viewer cannot launch

Post by Guan »

In the last two wine versions, Pepakura Viewer and Designer have not been able to launch. When you try to launch them, you get a "DIB init Failed" message several times, a "Rendering Context Create Failed" message, then a crash. I'm going to file a bug report in a bit, but this program was working fine as of wine version 1.5.14. Does anyone have any suggestions?
dimesio

Re: Pepakura Designer & Viewer cannot launch

Post by dimesio »

Does reverting to 1.5.14 fix it? If so, run a regression test.
Guan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Guan »

It works fine on my computer at work, which is running 1.5.15. The difference between the two is that my home computer is 64bit and the work computer is 32bit. I'll try to get around to the regression test.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

That's not what I asked. Does reverting to 1.5.14 on the affected computer fix it? If it doesn't, then the problem is caused by some other change to your system, and not a regression in Wine.

Have you tried simply reinstalling to a clean wineprefix?
Guan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Guan »

I understood what you asked, dimensio. In any case I have tried a clean prefix and it still crashes on startup.

**EDIT**

Tried to run a regression test, can't figure out how to do it. The section is the wiki isn't terribly helpful.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

You never answered my question about whether you had actually tested downgrading to 1.5.14. If you haven't, you should do that first, because if it doesn't help, then a regression test is not needed.

What part of the regression test instructions are you having trouble with?
Guan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Guan »

I had an issue with installing wine 1.5.14. I tried to pull the binary from the archive, but I couldn't get it to install after I had removed the wine packages from my system.