Need some help with Shogun 2 total war graphics bugs

Questions about Wine on Linux
ZombieRedShirt
Level 3
Level 3

Need some help with Shogun 2 total war graphics bugs

Post by ZombieRedShirt »

Hello. I'm having some minor issues with Shogun 2. When I first bought the game, I wasn't having any issues that I could see, but a month or two after buying it, I found that certain graphics in the game stopped showing up. In the single player campaign menu, where you have to choose a clan to play as, you're supposed to see the clan leader show up. A man in green armour with a sword, for instance, but none of those things are showing up lately, it's just invisible. Also there are advisor images that show up when you get advice in the campaign, they're now invisible, and when negotiating with another clan, that clan leader is now invisible also. Also in multiplayer where you can create your own avatar to use ingame, that avatar is now invisible too.

This happened out of the blue, and I have absolutely no idea why. As far as I know I didn't alter anything, and I've tried everything from reverting to an older graphics driver and then a new one, older/newer wine, a fresh wine prefix, and fiddling with game settings, to no avail. I've also tried using other desktop environments just in case it was unity's fault. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit, I have a quad core amd cpu, 12 gigs ram and a nvidia gtx 260.
ZombieRedShirt
Level 3
Level 3

BUMP

Post by ZombieRedShirt »

Just bumping this, hope it's not too soon.
ZombieRedShirt
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Need some help with Shogun 2 total war graphics bugs

Post by ZombieRedShirt »

Is there seriously no one else out there who has Shogun 2 running under wine?
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Need some help with Shogun 2 total war graphics bugs

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

I'm not running Shogun 2, but maybe the game itself had some updates, which wine doesn't like. Could you try the game on another linux, preferably 32bit and non-Ubuntu or at least not Ubuntu 12.10 (which is known to have some issues with wine) ?

The usual advice would be to upgrade to latest wine and post terminal output. If there aren't any obvious errors, you could file a bug.