Microphone not working right in wine 1.5 versions

Questions about Wine on Linux
Pednick

Microphone not working right in wine 1.5 versions

Post by Pednick »

My Microsoft® LifeCam VX-2000 worked fine and perfectly in wine 1.4 versions
but in the wine 1.5 versions it does get detected like in the 1.4 but the sound
comes out garbled when I test the voice in WoW.
dimesio

Re: Microphone not working right in wine 1.5 versions

Post by dimesio »

What distro? If it's Ubuntu or one of the distros that use the Ubuntu packages, report all sound issues to Ubuntu, as their Wine packages include modifications to the sound system that are not supported here.

If you're not using the Ubuntu packages, please run a regression test. http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting
Pednick

Post by Pednick »

dimesio wrote:What distro? If it's Ubuntu or one of the distros that use the Ubuntu packages, report all sound issues to Ubuntu, as their Wine packages include modifications to the sound system that are not supported here.

If you're not using the Ubuntu packages, please run a regression test. http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting
Nope, I'm running Debian/Wheezy. And like I said it works fine in 1.4 versions and I understand that 1.5 versions are still in testing so I'm just waiting for a fix.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

It's not likely to be fixed if you don't file a bug. You will be asked to do a regression test, so you might as well do it first.
Pednick

Post by Pednick »

dimesio wrote:It's not likely to be fixed if you don't file a bug. You will be asked to do a regression test, so you might as well do it first.
A bug has been submitted already, I'm already testing through wine-git regression so I guess I just have to wait for a fix.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Pednick wrote: A bug has been submitted already, I'm already testing through wine-git regression so I guess I just have to wait for a fix.
What's the bug report number?