opening a sound file in wine with Amarok

Questions about Wine on Linux
neramdaman

opening a sound file in wine with Amarok

Post by neramdaman »

I am running Evernote 4.5.8 through wine 1.4 that is inside PlayOnLinux version 4.1.8 (because of the networking issues with Evernote, as discussed in other threads). In any case, I would like to be able to do like I am able to inside a windows application, and associate .mp3 sound files. When I right click on a sound file that is in a note, I can choose the "open with" box, but the list is unpopulated. In Windows, it gives me a choice of media player, itunes, and something else.

It is not only in Evernote, but right clicking on any mp3 file in winefile will not give me any help. I can click "open", but it never opens the sound file with any application, windows or otherwise.

I noticed there was a similar thread here: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17369, but it does not give the details or the syntax on how to make the correct registry entry.

The problem is, I really don't know how to edit registry entries in Windows, and I would appreciate it if someone could kind of walk me through it, so to speak. I really need to get this application working.

Thanks,
G.O.