Unusual Circumstances - Starcraft 1 fails to load

Questions about Wine on Linux
Steavio99

Unusual Circumstances - Starcraft 1 fails to load

Post by Steavio99 »

I recently loaded Fedora 17 onto a 32 gb Sandisk Cruzer (by the way, this works wonderfully for a portable OS). After installing the latest updates, flash player, java, etc, I installed Wine 1.5.13. I have not made any changes from the default settings. (note: I have updated to wine 1.5.14 and the problem remains)

Prior to this, on my windows XP SP3 machine (32 bit), I installed Starcraft & Broodwar, and patched it (via the manual copy from the CD to stardat.mpq and broodat.mpq). Then, I copied the entire C:/program_files/Starcraft directory onto a flash drive (not the one with Fedora on it).

I have since been able to plug my flash drive into any winXP machine and run starcraft off of it. However, when I plug my flash drive into a computer running fedora off of my flash drive, I am unable to run starcraft.exe with Wine (whether or not I copy the files into my 'drive_c' folder.

Normally, I would just get the disks and reinstall on fedora using wine, then copy over my user data. However, my starcraft CDs have since become scratched (the last time I installed starcraft it took several attempts for the installation to complete, and I don't care to go through that ordeal again; I keep multiple backups of my working game).

When I run starcraft.exe with wine, I get the following error:
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /run/user/stephen/keyring-hF4zhs/pkcs11: No such file or directory
fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
intel_do_flush_locked failed: Input/output error

1) Does any body know what the problem might be and/or have a solution or additional instructions for me to follow? I'm fairly new to linux, but I'm a quick learner.
2) I assume anybody responding to #1 will want additional info, but I'm not sure what to provide. What would you like to know?

Thanks,
Stephen