Error installing Evernote 4.xx using Wine 1.4

Questions about Wine on Linux
larrinski

Error installing Evernote 4.xx using Wine 1.4

Post by larrinski »

Hi there,

New to using Wine but after a frustrating time using Nixnote/Nevernote, I am trying to install Evernote using Wine. I've been following the various 'easy to do' vids out there that seem to show how simple it is. Obviously I'm a dolt...I am using Wine 1.4 under PinguyOS version 11.04(ubuntu...). I've tried installing Evernote 4.5.8.7356 and an older version 4.0.0.2880 and they both kick up an error like this:
(.\Bootstrapper.cpp.837) 0x3:Path not found. It also came up as 883 and 801. The Google is not helping me fix the issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Wine a couple of times with no luck.

Any help would be great. :)
dimesio

Re: Error installing Evernote 4.xx using Wine 1.4

Post by dimesio »

1.4 is old; try the latest development release (currently 1.5.14), and a clean wineprefix (delete or rename ~/.wine). If it still doesn't work, post terminal output. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
larrinski

Re: Error installing Evernote 4.xx using Wine 1.4

Post by larrinski »

Well, I don't know what I did right, but my last reboot seemed to fix it. I removed my ~/.wine folder, and was trying to install 1.5. Had an error, and ran out of time. After re-starting, Wine re-configured again, and I installed Evernote with no problem. I'm thinking there was something wrong with my original configuration and that's what was hanging up the install.

Thanks for the quick reply...