Flash 8 Professional issue

Questions about Wine on Linux
freakengine

Flash 8 Professional issue

Post by freakengine »

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd post in the event that someone else has had a similar problem.

I've used Flash 8 Pro on an Ubuntu system for quite a while. Wine has always just worked. I recently had a graphics driver problem with Ubuntu 1204 and decided to give Fedora a spin. I'm currently using Fedora 17 with Gnome Shell and Wine 1.5.13. Flash was working just fine until last night when it started misbehaving.

The issue is that any object that I grab, move, or create with the mouse is not visible until I release the mouse button. For example, if I draw a square, I can see the cursor as I click and drag, but no square appears until I release the button. Same with moving the square or manipulating points or sides, etc. Flash Pro has suddenly become unusable.

I imagine it's got something to do with the way the program is interacting with the display drivers but I have no idea where to start looking. I already did a fresh install of both Wine and Flash 8. Any insights would be appreciated.
freakengine

Re: Flash 8 Professional issue

Post by freakengine »

I've been able to correct the problem by using PlayOnLinux to assign an older version of Wine to Flash 8. So far so good with 1.4.1. I'll update if I encounter any additional issues but so far this appears to be a regression issue.