tcp/ip login share folder

Questions about Wine on Linux
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

tcp/ip login share folder

Post by bfharreguy »

i try to connect with a folder shared in windows server 2003, it needs authentication, but i down know. how can i login, please help me

i have wine 1.5 in ubuntu 12.04
ischou
Level 4
Level 4

Re: tcp/ip login share folder

Post by ischou »

You just want to connect to a shared folder? Why can't you just mount it using samba? If all you need to do is mount the shared folder, you don't even need Wine. If you want Wine to access the shared folder, just mount it first, and then wine doesn't even need to know it's a remote mount.
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bfharreguy »

yes, you right, if i try to mount by smbmount i haveit, but i doent need that, i need connect to a shared folder in windows server 2003, with authentication, what i need for the read folder without mount that, please i need help!! thanks
I think i need to config the smb client, or something like that, but i dont know, please help
DanKegel

Post by DanKegel »

This is not a wine question, sorry. Wine has very little to do with smb.

smbmount can handle some forms of authentication, try looking into that a little harder.
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bfharreguy »

i dont need a smb command or smbclient, i need login with wine in network windows and try to take access to shared folder for windows, i meen, i dont need nothing about samba, thanks! please help
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Wine itself can't do what smbclient(including authorization) does, simply because it's not implemented. The usual way to use shared folders in wine is to mount them with smbmount, then in winecfg assign a drive letter (like "Y:", just an example) to the shared folder mount point, then open the shared folder in your wine app by specifying the drive letter/path.

How exactly do you tell your app, where to look for the shared folder? If your app insists on authorization, i.e. doesn't give you the option to access the shared folder without authorization, then probably wine can't do what you need.
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bfharreguy »

really? my app is a management for hospital,in this app need read a folder shared and in the host where is the folder share use a sql server to connect. I mean when the system use the shared folder too use the host //foldershared/ for the connect to sql server, if i try to change the //foldershared/ for Z:/mountedfoldershared/ then when the app try to connect to sql server say "has error ocurred", sql server connect error, bla bla bla, and cannot connect to host, becouse the host Z:/mountedfoldershared/ not exist.
Please help me!! thanks
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Without knowing the actual directory structure and names it's quite hard to tell what's wrong.

The error message "doesn't exist" indicates, that something went wrong with the directories. Could you please list the exact names of the windows shared folder, the linux mount point (directory, to which you smbmount'ed the windows share) and the exact smbmount command. Did you explicitly assign "Z:" in winecfg to the shared folder or do you just use "Z:\mountfolder" to access the linux mount point?

You could try to use unc adresses, see http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guid ... -configure under "network shares", that would eliminate the need for a drive letter, but I don't think that's the problem.

Another issue might be SQL server, it is known to have issues with wine, there are quite a lot of bugs in bugzilla. But you should first try to sort out that "Z:/mountedfoldershared/ not exist" error.
ischou
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ischou »

The reason why this question continues to go unanswered is because we're all guessing at what's actually going on since the original question is quite vague and all of us that use wine are convinced the question has nothing to do with wine.

I think the issue is something like this:

The "normal" way this app works on Windows is that it access a folder for a database. Perhaps it's stored in a format something like SQLite or something. The way this app works in a distributed environment is that all clients access the same database files via a network share, which is password protected for security purposes.

Now what is desired is for this app to work in Wine. Wine does not have anything built into it that mounts SMB/CIFS shared folders. I don't believe the app does either. The app must bring up a Windows file/directory open folder dialog, at which point the user can specify a UNC path, and then is challenged by a logon prompt for user name and password. Wine, not having that built into it's implementation of Explorer (it's not Windows Explorer, it's Wineexplorer), you can't get to this shared drive inside wine.

You must first mount the SMB/CIFS drive first. If you are unwilling to perform this first step, then your question must be simply answered with, "it can't be done."

If you don't know how to mount a windows share in linux, then Google will be your friend here. This link is what Google turned up with "I'm feeling lucky": http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-to-mo ... linux.html I think it will work and is linux distribution independent, and has a link inside the article for how to add the share in your /etc/fstab so that the folder will be mounted upon every startup, but the problem with that is that you have to put the username/password into a clear text file, which will probably violate your hospital's security policy.

Once you have mounted the windows shared folder, it will be somewhere in your Linux path like: /mnt/smbserver/path/to/database, at which point you need to map that into a Windows local drive path using the winecfg control panel, as mentioned in the previous post (something like Z:/path/to/database). Alternatively, you can use the link in the previous post to create a symbolic link in your wineprefix dosdevices/unc directory so that you can continue to use the UNC path when running your app, but that solution still requires you to first mount the windows share in linux.
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bfharreguy »

Hello! im sorry but im find the solution, when the app is started, i have the next error:
error.jpg
error.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
and the next one error i press enter:
error 2.JPG
error 2.JPG (12.14 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
And when i press enter again, the program runs good.
i have mounted a shared folder, but the problem is that.
Can any one see the problem?
how can i do a automatic keyboard enter when the program starts?
when the programs is opened, automatically can that press enter two times?
i dont know but the program is ok and ready to run, but this errors is very hard to me to fix
Please can anyone help me?
The problem is very simple, but difficult.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

I'm not sure, if NamedPipes (error message in your screenshot) are supposed to work under wine, anyone?

Apart from the issues at startup/login, does your application work, that means are you able to access the data on the MS SQL Server in your application?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

bfharreguy wrote: how can i do a automatic keyboard enter when the program starts?
when the programs is opened, automatically can that press enter two times?
Try AutoHotkey; it's reported to work well in Wine.
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bfharreguy »

with AutoHotkey can anyone help me? the script needs to execute when i open the program, and 30 seconds leter from start, im not sure, its very specific, please how can i do that, thanks
bfharreguy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bfharreguy »

thanks now it works, with autohotkey, is wontherful, please close the post thanks