Can wine be installed on LinuxMint Maya DVD

Questions about Wine on Linux
alsemus
Level 2
Level 2

Can wine be installed on LinuxMint Maya DVD

Post by alsemus »

When I try to install Wine after booting a LinuxMint Maya DVD distro it acts like it was installed. But there is no wine program available. I am using the 64 bit distro. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't get into problems with Quicken and some other windows programs before I install it permanently.................... Al :D
dimesio

Re: Can wine be installed on LinuxMint Maya DVD

Post by dimesio »

What do you mean by "acts like it was installed" and "no wine program available"? Please describe exactly what happens.
alsemus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by alsemus »

It appears to download all modules and then install these modules looking at the Terminal display of the command apt-get install wine.
Then if one goes to the menu and searches all applications there is no Wine present.
................... Al
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Plain Wine doesn't add menu items for itself.
alsemus
Level 2
Level 2

Post by alsemus »

It appeared to install Wine 1.4. For example it installed Wine1.4-geko etc.. When I click on the Quicken qw.exe file nothing happens. If I try to install it from the terminal again nothing happens. So that leaves two questions. First can wine be installed on the Maya distro runing from the DVD? Second how do I add the menu items you illude to.
............................. Al