Installing DLLs on ubuntu on 12.04

Questions about Wine on Linux
Mangosteen

Installing DLLs on ubuntu on 12.04

Post by Mangosteen »

I succesfully installed Wine and tried to run Visual Boy Advance unsuccessfully. On the site I found out I had to install mfc42. However, when I tried that or other DLLs I got this error report:

sha1sum mismatch! Rename /home/mat/.cache/winetricks/vcrun6/vc6redistsetup_enu.exe and try again.

This happens with every DLL I've tried so far. I've tried renaming it :D but it didn't work...

Any help would be kindly appreciated; this is the first app I've tried to run through Wine; I'm a newbie :D
Simon of Aragon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Installing DLLs on ubuntu on 12.04

Post by Simon of Aragon »

I am not familiar with this error since I don't use Visual Boy Advance. It might be a lot easier to install the Linux version of this same application. VBA 1.8.0-6 is an open source project on sourceforge, it can be installed from my KPackageKit. I am not trying to discourage you from using Wine, but this seems like more work than needed.
olivierfrdierick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by olivierfrdierick »

I've seen that error message with wmp10 (Supposedly needed by Grand Theft Auto IV).
I tried without wmp10 and the game ran fine so I didn't bother to solve the issue but I thought about it.

I'm using winetricks 1.4 on Ubuntu 10.04.
I wonder if the downloaded DLL files are newer and if winetricks is trying to match old md5 checksum with newer files.

@Mangosteen: You don't state what version of wine you've installed. If it's 1.4, try with wine1.5 from ubuntu-wine's ppa and see if it helps.
Mangosteen

Post by Mangosteen »

thank you all very much, I updated winetricks as per suggestion and it all works fine. :D

Thanks for all your help. Finally, an efficient help system. :)