CS: Source and CS: Global Offensive dont work

Questions about Wine on Linux
vnmcss

CS: Source and CS: Global Offensive dont work

Post by vnmcss »

Im running linux mint 13 "maya" 32bit and using wine 1.4.1. This is what i ve done:
Updated system, installed recommended nvidia drivers (not post release), installed playonlinux debian, installed Steam. Then made a link of my steammapps folder located on my windows 7 ntfs partition. All games are recognised, tested cs 1.6 with no issues, BUT, here comes the trouble. When trying to launch cs:source, it launchs, but all i can see is my desktop; its funny cause i can hear the "click sounds" when u hit a menu option, so the game LAUNCHS, but its like invisible.
Next trouble is with cs:go. i get a message that says i must install "steam service" in order tu run games, i clic "install", tnen "restart", but when i restart its all the same.
Extra data, parameters on wine are Windows 7 mode, audio and graphics default.
dimesio

Re: CS: Source and CS: Global Offensive dont work

Post by dimesio »

Some games/apps may work when run from a Windows partition, but many won't, and it is not a supported configuration. Install your games in Wine.
vnmcss

Re: CS: Source and CS: Global Offensive dont work

Post by vnmcss »

dimesio wrote:Some games/apps may work when run from a Windows partition, but many won't, and it is not a supported configuration. Install your games in Wine.
I tried both, with symbolik linking and downloading the game through steam directly to linux. The "steam service" issue got solved by selecting windows xp mode on winecfg, game launchs perfectly, but when i reach the map selecting menu, in the place where map names should be, says "undefined", and if i click on "GO", i get the message "no map". So frustrating.

So, selecting xp mode makes cs go launch, but the game cannot recognise maps. Cs source is still the same.