Prince of Qin install

Questions about Wine on Linux
LCJr

Prince of Qin install

Post by LCJr »

Hi, another new user seeking advice. Relevent stuff first, using Ubuntu 12.04 and Wine 1.5.12. Game that was giving me problems is Prince of Qin(Object Software), 3 CD version published by Strategy First which doesn't appear to have any copy protection.

With Wine I tried the autorun first and it just silently crashed. Tried setup.exe next and it works until I get to the part where I need to change CD's. It simply wouldn't accept CD2 as loaded. DVD drive shows in Configure Wine's default paths.

Next I used K3b and made an iso of each CD and mounted all with Furious. Same thing, CD1 installs but it won't recognize CD2 is there.

Finally I used K3b and combined all 3 CD into one iso. Installed fine and appears to be working with only two minor issues so far. So problem solved but surely there was a better way to do this. Are there some command(s) I need to learn?

First minor issue is when overwriting a save game it drops to desktop and an icon labled 'Prince of Qin-Server#' appears partially on top of the Trash Bin icon. The game does save and hitting the icon brings the game back up. In Configure Wine under Graphics > Windows Setting the only box I have checked is 'Allow the window manager to decorate the windows'. Checking the other window manager option leaves the launch bar on top of the game. Other minor issue is when trying to use Virtual Desktop I get a small window(probably 640x480) regardless of what settings I use.