Need winedbg to output to a log file

Questions about Wine on Linux
Firefairy

Need winedbg to output to a log file

Post by Firefairy »

I am not sure if this is super-easy and my Google-fu is just failing me, or what, but I can't find it.

Is there a way to make winedbg output to a log file, even if it isn't closed properly? I am having a bug that appears to make the system suspend for no good reason, and I have the Ubuntu Kernel suspend bug, which means I have to restart the computer if it goes into suspend. This means I can't see what winedbg outputs in the terminal once the problem has occurred, and as far as I can tell, no file is created anywhere holding the information.

The problem has only occurred for me when playing City of Heroes under Wine- a couple of minutes, then black screen of death. I can do anything else I want on the computer without having the problem, so I am pretty sure it is a Wine issue, but I want to poke at it more to figure out what's going wrong. How do I troubleshoot a Wine problem that takes my whole system with it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
vitamin

Re: Need winedbg to output to a log file

Post by vitamin »

What exactly are you trying to do with winedbg? If you just want to save everything Wine outputs then you should do this:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

First I'd suggest you run Wine as a regular user and never as root. Second make sure nothing is overheating (CPU, GPU, memory).