problem compiling wine 1.5.11

Questions about Wine on Linux
rifter

problem compiling wine 1.5.11

Post by rifter »

I'm trying to get wine 1.5.11 going but I am having trouble with the compile.
I am on 64 bit Mageia 2 and I ran into dependency issues with their srpm, but I will leave that out since that's not something I expect the wine people to support. However with the directly available sources, I get this from ./configure:

--
configure: error: X 32-bit development files not found. Wine will be built
without X support, which probably isn't what you want. You will need
to install 32-bit development packages of Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.
Use the --without-x option if you really want this.
--

As far as I can tell I have the x11 development packages both 64 and 32 bit installed. I'm not sure what I could be missing:
[rifter@localhost srpm]$ rpm -qa | grep -Ei "xorg|x11" | grep -i devel
lib64x11_6-devel-1.4.99.1-4.mga2
lib64xorg-x11-devel-7.6-6.mga2
lib64x11_6-static-devel-1.4.99.1-4.mga2
x11-server-devel-1.11.4-2.mga2
libxorg-x11-static-devel-7.6-6.mga2
lib64xorg-x11-static-devel-7.6-6.mga2
x11-proto-devel-7.6-17.mga2
libxorg-x11-devel-7.6-6.mga2
x11-xtrans-devel-1.2.6-1.mga1
[rifter@localhost srpm]$

I would appreciate any help I can get as I need to get the latest wine to get what I am trying to run to work. If I was on Ubuntu there is a ppa, and there is an unstable (cauldron) version of Mageia, but if I can avoid changing my whole distribution for one application that would be best.
vitamin

Re: problem compiling wine 1.5.11

Post by vitamin »

Doesn't look like any of those packages are 32-bit.
rifter

Post by rifter »

It was claimed that they were in the package installer. It's just that what they were did not satisfy what wine needed.
I did get past this by installing more packages, but eventuaaly hit an impasse with opengl and freetype2.
Here's what I found:
https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3396
Since I couldn't get helpful answers from the mageia people on what packages had the dependencies I needed I eventually just gave up on the whole thing, installed Ubuntu, and used the ppa to get to 1.5.11. It's working great. It's sad but the package names are very misleading on Mageia it seems to me.
roadapathy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadapathy »

I have this same problem! I tried 1.5.10, 1.5.11, 1.5.12 on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit, 10.10 with many updates and dependencies filled, and I tried lastly on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit. It simply will not compile and always complains about libOSMesa 32 bit. I took libOSMesa 32 bit from the Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit version and it still failed- but this time with new errors.

I blame the WINE dev team for this one because Ubuntu is the most, or second most, popular distribution. I wish they would post the fix and not keep allowing us to muddle through in the dark. Google searches yield no final solutions so now I feel that it's up to the WINE guys. WINE 1.5.10+ is the only source that I can't compile. :-(
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

WineHQ provides the source code for Wine. It is up to the distros to provide the dependencies needed to compile it. If your distro does not provide a binary package for something needed, file a bug with them and/or compile it yourself.
roadapathy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadapathy »

I'm trying to compile 1.5.12 myself but it gives always the same error.

/configure CFLAGS="-march=bdver1 -mtune=bdver1" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" --with-opencl --without-oss

gives the following errors always:
config.status: executing Makefile commands

configure: libOSMesa 32-bit development files not found (or too old), OpenGL rendering in bitmaps won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled

configure: Finished. Do 'make' to compile Wine.

:-(
t1nk3r3r
Level 2
Level 2

Post by t1nk3r3r »

Configuring is distinct from compiling. Just because the configure script throws some errors, doesn't mean compiling will result in a broken Wine installation. It just won't have the full functionality it could have.

I had those same errors (and more). But still compiled, and was able to install/play several D3D games. So long as you have X and libgl, it should still work.
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

roadapathy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadapathy »

If you let this one slip by...
configure: libOSMesa 32-bit development files not found (or too old), OpenGL rendering in bitmaps won't be supported.

You will have display issues. My Steam was a wreck. You have to fix that one. Gstreamer I could live without but I'd like to fix that if anybody has the fix.

The libOSMesa I have never fixed ever. I have no idea how and I've tried everything. Furthermore, nobody has posted a solution for that fix and it's pretty surprising since the error appears on all flavors of Ubuntu.
roadapathy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadapathy »

I got a little further in my solution. Still no libOSMesa 32 bit but so close.

FIRST: I ran apt-build install libosmesa6

I'm using GCC 4.7.2 and this fails to build Mesa 7.11.2 and 8.0.4 so I installed 4.6.3 and write scripts to modify my default GCC in each case. So I can build with GCC of any flavor, 4.4,4.5,4.6.3, and 4.7.2. I start with 4.7.2 and keep falling back until I get a success.

SECOND: I used the apt-build install libosmesa6 output to find the CORRECT ./configure for Mesa. Guess what? I found it but it still fails to build 32 bit libosmesa. It builds the 64 bit just fine. Yes, I know --enable-32-bit but guess what? That doesn't work. Always errors

THIRD: I can still build a lot of other libs though and I install them.

So here is what I have SO far.
./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --disable-egl --disable-gallium --with-driver=xlib --disable-gl-osmesa CFLAGS="-march=bdver1 -mtune=bdver1" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

but I found this works also both for 7.11.x and 8.0.4
./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --with-driver=xlib CFLAGS="-O2 -march=bdver1 -mtune=bdver1" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

This builds the 64 bit libs like mad using GCC 4.6.3 (4.7.2 failed for me). In addition, I compiled the 3.1 LLVMC which it uses but it caused problems and I had to uninstall and them completely reinstall all of the 2.8 from the Ubuntu repositories.

I also tried:
./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --disable-egl --disable-gallium --with-driver=xlib --disable-gl-osmesa CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" --enable-32-bit
Which failed too.

Still no luck building the 32 bit libosmesa but I'm fecking close! It just errors for the 32 bit building process which is all I need to solve the case!
roadapathy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadapathy »

I just did it! It appears my 32 bit libs are WORKING!

I used this in the Mesa 8.0.4 source directory. Later, I recompiled Xorg-server but I can't tell you if this helped or not.

./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --with-driver=xlib --enable-glx-tls --enable-gles1 --enable-gles2 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=bdver1 -mtune=bdver1" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" --enable-32-bit

Notice that I added the -gles1 and 2? That's important, I believe, for OpenGL. Also, Mesa compilation actually stopped with an error BUT not a problem because at the top level, a directory called lib was created. Instead of there were enough libs needed to cp into the system /lib32 directory in order to get WINE statisfied. Just run ldconfig after so the system knows to find them.

I'll be testing soon. After compiling and installing the new Xorg, I have to reinstall my drivers. Seems Compiz effects stopped and now OpenCL can't be found. I think no problem.