Issue with dual monitors (TwinView) + full screen

Questions about Wine on Linux
snowblind
Level 1
Level 1

Issue with dual monitors (TwinView) + full screen

Post by snowblind »

A short while ago I had installed Wine 1.5.9 (I believe that was the one, the first version with xrandr support) and I was amazed to find out that a number of my games actually worked in true full screen, restrained to one of my dual monitors, while using Nvidia TwinView. I rejoiced!

Yesterday I reinstalled my Arch machine (onto a shiny new SSD) and re-downloaded some games through Steam (Rage is the game in question here and now). However, I'm unable to replicate the success I had on my previous install.

The game's viewing port launches in a single monitor -- the second monitor retains the desktop, and the actual viewing port does not get stretched over both monitors.

However, the game itself *is* stretched -- it's like it extends over to the right (to the second monitor) where I can't see it, because the viewport is constrained to the left monitor.

I have no idea what might be causing this. I've checked all settings, set the registry key for UseXRandR to both Y and N (with no differing results), and am wondering if anyone here might have an idea?

Thanks!
snowblind
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Issue with dual monitors (TwinView) + full screen

Post by snowblind »

(because I apparently can't edit my post)

Fiddled with the UseXVidMode registry setting and it's showing up constrained to one monitor, but it's also mirroring it to my other monitor. gonna keep fiddlin'.
snowblind
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Issue with dual monitors (TwinView) + full screen

Post by snowblind »

UseXVidMode was it -- it wasn't set in the registry. I set it, then it kinda went wonky (only had something like 640x480 resolution), but after changing it to my native resolution it mucked up my xrandr settings. Resetting xrandr correctly, then restarted the game, now everything appears to be working.

So if anyone comes across this in the future:

HKCU->Software->Wine->X11 Driver->UseXVideMode: Y

Should get it to work full screen on one monitor in Nvidia Twinview