Problem installing "steam".

Questions about Wine on Linux
delirium

Problem installing "steam".

Post by delirium »

Well the topic and the screen I've attached says it all.
While trying to install steam, I get "No free space error. 50000 GB required blablabla".

I'm running 32bit debian 6.0.5 on a Oracle VM. The errors occur on bot Wine 1.0.1 (default package using apt-get install) and on 1.5.0 after a custom compilation and install.
ScreenShot
ScreenShot
steam.JPG (20.86 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
delirium

Re: Problem installing "steam".

Post by delirium »

Since there's no edit (or at least I can't find it), I'll have to post a new reply.

For some reason ".wine" was installed in my root folder, which was only 500 mb (for both apt-get install and the custom compilation). After extending it to 5gb, steam installed ok. Please close the topic :)
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

It's ok if it works for you, but in general wine shouldn't be run as root, you should run wine as ordinary user, maybe you accidentally used sudo/su. The error message "50000 GB" is probably some kind of typo in steam, I'm sure, it should read 50 GB.

There definitely is an edit button, if you are logged in, it's in the lower right part of the post.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Spoke too soon about (missing) edit button, now I'm logged in and don't see any edit button, too. Though I've been able to edit my previous post a few times. Is this a new feature, editing only one hour after initial posting?

Edit: Now again I am able edit this last post, but not the others.