Winetricks Sha1sum Mismatch

Questions about Wine on Linux
Firefairy

Winetricks Sha1sum Mismatch

Post by Firefairy »

This seems to come up every couple of years- I found several older references to this, but the solutions offered back then did not help me.

I am attempting to use Winwtricks to install MFC42.DLL. I get the error "sha1sum mismatch! Rename /home/{mainuser}/.cache/winetricks/vcrun6/vc6redistsetup_enu.exe and try again." (Brackets indicate a privacy redaction and are not relevant to the problem.) I rename or remove the specified file and try again, but always get the same error.

The problem in the previous instances of this error seem to be either that Winetricks is out of date compared to the version of Wine being used, or (in only one early instance) there was no checksum processor installed.

I have:
Completely uninstalled and reinstalled Winetricks from Distro, the WineHQ PPA, and Winetricks.org- All throw the same error.
Checked the script for dependencies- I have OpenSSL installed, which should cover the need to process checksums.

I am running Linux Mint 13 and Wine 1.5.10 (from the WineHQ PPA), and Synaptic currently lists Winetricks 0.0+20120308, which seems to be the most recent version.

What do I try next?
jonahbron

Re: Winetricks Sha1sum Mismatch

Post by jonahbron »

Just ran into this problem myself, and figured it out :)

The problem is that the file that winetricks is looking for is no longer there (404 file not found). So, you have to manually download the german version from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... up_deu.exe

That link is on this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403

You have to download it, then run:

Code: Select all

cabextract -q VC6RedistSetup_deu.exe
That will extract a file called vcredist.exe. Move that to ~/.cache/vcrun6/ , then run:

Code: Select all

winetricks vcrun6
(That's the same as installing it through the GUI). Hope it works for you.
DanKegel

Post by DanKegel »

Firefairy

Post by Firefairy »

jonahbron wrote:Just ran into this problem myself, and figured it out :)

The problem is that the file that winetricks is looking for is no longer there (404 file not found). So, you have to manually download the german version from here:

{snip}

(That's the same as installing it through the GUI). Hope it works for you.
That worked- thanks very much!
stimpystooky

Post by stimpystooky »

jonahbron wrote: That will extract a file called vcredist.exe. Move that to ~/.cache/vcrun6/ , then run:
I think that it should be moved to ~/.cache/winetricks/vcrun6/
At least that's what worked for me.