Jade Dynasty: Incorrect icons and waterfall/ice graphics

Questions about Wine on Linux
ArtemisDragon
Level 2
Level 2

Jade Dynasty: Incorrect icons and waterfall/ice graphics

Post by ArtemisDragon »

On August 2nd, a patch was applied to Jade Dynasty that messed up certain graphics in the latest versions of Wine. I quickly found out that Wine 1.2.3 was not affected.

Here's screenshots of the problem.

Wine 1.5.10 (Large)
Wine 1.2.3 (Large)

Affected Graphics:
Skill Icons
Item Icons
Action Icons (The black and green ones)
Pet Portraits
NPC Portraits (Not shown in a screenshot.)
Waterfalls
Ice (Not shown in a screenshot. It looks very similar to the Waterfalls: a grey sheet.)

There is a type of skill icon that appears to be unaffected. They're called "Combos." Those icons are chosen by the player. I haven't checked to see if Combo icons are partially unaffected or completely unaffected. There is a visible combo icon in the screenshots (the blue circle).

Wine 1.5.10 Log
Wine 1.2.3 Log

I'm not sure how helpful the logs will be. A lot of the 1.5.10 messages were occurring prior to this issue. For example, the "Unhandled usage flags 0x8" messages.

System Info
PCLinuxOS Full Monty
GeForce 7600
Download link

There was a similar issue starting in the Wine 1.3 series. I believe around 1.3.22. Skill icons got distorted; almost like a sprite sheet got moved around. Wine 1.2.3 was unaffected. 1.5.2 was also unaffected so I believe it was fixed in 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. I don't know if this new issue is related.

If additional info regarding the old or new problems would be helpful, I will provide it.