How to make a game run on a particular monitor?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Sooperluke

How to make a game run on a particular monitor?

Post by Sooperluke »

I just added a monitor to my system (Nvidia video card, Ubuntu 12.04, latest stable Wine) and I'm having trouble getting a game (Skyrim in this case) to run on my larger monitor, which is to the right of the smaller one. I am using Xinerama to spread my desktop out, and the monitor I want it on is Monitor 0.

I've tried different settings in Winecfg/Graphics. What works best is all 4 unchecked (Otherwise I would lose control of the Tab key and the game would stay windowed which it didn't with just the one monitor), but whil eit's nice and stable and controls perfectly, it's on the wrong monitor.

How can I force it to run on the other monitor?
Sooperluke

Re: How to make a game run on a particular monitor?

Post by Sooperluke »

Update: Switched the second monitor from "to the left" to "to the right" and back again, and that helped for some reason.
spoiledcitygirl

Re: How to make a game run on a particular monitor?

Post by spoiledcitygirl »

This tutorial is for Wine beginner users in Ubuntu who want to optimize their gaming experience and need to learn about WinePrefix. Understanding WinePrefix Operation
By default, after you have installed Wine in Ubuntu, all games will be installed in the /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files.
The wine directory is also hidden in the user directory. To see the contents of the wine directory, you need to go to Places –> Home Folder. To reveal the wine directory, go to View and then check “Show Hidden Files.”