How to install .Net Framework 2.0 on wine 1.5.8?

Questions about Wine on Linux
IgorV

How to install .Net Framework 2.0 on wine 1.5.8?

Post by IgorV »

Hello all :).

I have app which require .Net Framework 2.0. I am already tried to install it using winetricks, but always receive error 27 - "This product already installed with your windows version".

After googling, I am tried to delete mono and intall DotNet 2.0 on clean winprefix:

Code: Select all

rm -rf ~/.wine
wineboot
wine uninstaller --remove '{E45D8920-A758-4088-B6C6-31DBB276992E}'
winetricks -q dotnet20
...but in that case I am received error 67. After repeating same operations but without silent install, I am still receive installation error. What I am doing wrong?

System: Ubuntu 12.04 with wine 1.5.8.
DanKegel

Post by DanKegel »

Try the latest winetricks from svn,
http://winetricks.googlecode.com/svn/tr ... winetricks

Also be sure you're not suffering from the ptrace bug; try
echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
IgorV

Post by IgorV »

DanKegel wrote:Try the latest winetricks from svn,
http://winetricks.googlecode.com/svn/tr ... winetricks
Winetricks version at svn and in my /usr/bin/ folder are the same = '20120308', so probably it is already most newest version... :(
DanKegel wrote:Also be sure you're not suffering from the ptrace bug; try
echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope

After executing I am received only '0' as message - is that ok?

P.S. I am just updated to wine 1.5.9, but problem still exists...
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

IgorV wrote:
Winetricks version at svn and in my /usr/bin/ folder are the same = '20120308', so probably it is already most newest version... :(
Probably not; the version number is meaningless. The winetricks in svn changes frequently, but Dan only changes the version number when he does an "official" release, which is pretty infrequent. So download the one from svn and test it on a clean wineprefix.
IgorV

Post by IgorV »

dimesio wrote:
IgorV wrote:
Probably not; the version number is meaningless. The winetricks in svn changes frequently, but Dan only changes the version number when he does an "official" release, which is pretty infrequent. So download the one from svn and test it on a clean wineprefix.
Thanks a lot! :D

After downloading svn version and overwriting old winetricks in /usr/bin/, dotnet20 successfully installed (tried in silent mode). After that, my app works fine, thanks again.