Using a stylus on a tablet PC in wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
FragMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

Using a stylus on a tablet PC in wine

Post by FragMonkey »

I have searched about this issue but have not found anything suitable.

I have a tablet PC with a stylus running Ubuntu (Thinkpad X60). Using the app PlayOnLinux, I installed the classic games Fallout 2 and Aracanum and both are running excellently.

However, the games do not appear to recognize my stylus input. I would very much prefer to operate these games with my stylus. Mouse input works as expected, but when I bring my stylus to the screen, the mouse pointer jumps to the bottom left corner and no input is recognized from the stylus.

Is there a method by which Wine can recognize stylus input? Is it maybe an issue of multiple inputs causing a problem?

Thanks in advance
FragMonkey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FragMonkey »

Alright after playing around, I realized that the stylus is in fact recognized!

The problem is that the cursor is nowhere near where I am pointing to on the screen. If I am in the upper-left quadrant of the screen, the cursor is moving in the bottom-right

EDIT: I figured out the issue surrounded my trackpoint. I disabled that, and now the mouse isn't behaving erratically, BUT the mouse pointer appears to behave as if on high sensitivity, if that makes sense. Its as if I am operating a standard laptop trackpad instead of pointing directly at a place on screen with my pen

EDIT #2: FIXED. In PlayOnLinux, I had to disabled "Mouse warp override." everything works as it should now