Mouse Tuning Software

Questions about Wine on Linux
SOIMiMozO

Mouse Tuning Software

Post by SOIMiMozO »

Hello there.
I have a Cooler Master Sentinel gaming mouse, and right now I'm trying to use Cooler Master's Storm Utility software to tune it. Mouse has it's own memory to keep saved profiles but to create them I have to use that utility I mentioned.
The problem is - it doesn't see my mouse being plugged into USB.
When I run it, it just stuck with "no mouse?" window.
Running it with terminal gives me this:
fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x1006e, filter=0x28f3f4,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!

If you have any idea, please let me know.)

P.S. Oh, and yes, the official page states, that this software can be used on Mac via Windows emulation mode. So, there have to be a way to make it work under Linux too, I hope...
SOIMiMozO

Post by SOIMiMozO »

Come on guys, give me at least a hint.

Yeah, forgot to say, using Wine 1.4.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

there's no real USB support in wine (I'm not talking about USB sticks and drives, which you can access via linux file systems). There are some patches mainly for USB dongles, see http://wiki.winehq.org/USB , might be worth a try, if you are able to compile wine. You could file a bug, but I wouldn't expect a quick solution. You might be better off setting up your mouse in Windows or a VM like virtualbox or VMWare Player. I don't know which kind of emulation the said page is talking about, probably something like parallels.
SOIMiMozO

Post by SOIMiMozO »

No USB support eh...
But nevertheless thank you very much, will check it out.