Some build questions regarding wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
iron

Some build questions regarding wine

Post by iron »

Hello everone,

I'm not quite sure, if my question(s) fit right in here, but I'll just try:

Im trying to build the latest stable version, Wine 1.4.1, on a Debian Squeeze amd64 system, but I'm having mighty trouble doing so. The configure script returns the "usual" missing 32bit libs:

Code: Select all

configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: OSS sound system found but too old (OSSv4 needed), OSS won't be supported.
configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.
I've spent some days searching various web pages and forums related to Debian and Wine but I got no sufficient answer how to cope with this. Most of people just ignore these messages, some keep telling one has to copy the libraries manually. I've tried the last one. I've copied the extracted libraries from a chroot to /usr/lib32 and run ldconfig -v but configure still complains. Has someone a solution or at least a good hint for me?

Thanks
dimesio

Re: Some build questions regarding wine

Post by dimesio »

iron wrote:

configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: OSS sound system found but too old (OSSv4 needed), OSS won't be supported.
configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.
You don't need OSS unless you are using it as your sound system, in which case you have to do as it says and install v4. You only need libgsm if you are using Wine for VOIP. You probably don't need OpenCL (I'm not sure it even works yet).

If you're sure you have installed all the 32 bit development files needed for those things, check the configure log to see where configure is looking for them. You may need to make some symlinks.

Gstreamer is for multimedia playback, so you probably do want that, but getting it to work on a 64 bit system is tricky even on a distro with good multiarch support. The problem is that 64 bit pkgconfig will try to use the 64 bit headers, so you have to specify 32 bit pkgconfig when compiling 32 bit Wine. On openSUSE the way to do it is

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig ./configure
Ask your distro what the correct path would be for your system.

Note that if you have glib >=2.32, gstreamer won't work anyway due to http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30557.