errors with LOTRO

Questions about Wine on Linux
charvey

errors with LOTRO

Post by charvey »

error is as follows : err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D folder is also missing, im getting out of memory error. how do i create that folder?

new to wine but i have world of warcraft running and LOTRO runs but with these errors.
i am new but learning. thanks for reading
charvey
dimesio

Re: errors with LOTRO

Post by dimesio »

charvey wrote:error is as follows : err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
You left out the rest of the message--the part where it tells you to install winbind. You need to do that.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D folder is also missing, im getting out of memory error. how do i create that folder?
http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

if your on Mac OS X 10.7 and get that error, don't bother looking for winbind, as normal most error messages are made with Linux in mind. What you need to install is Samba, which can be found on Macports.
charvey

Post by charvey »

sorry, forgot to send my specs :)
linux debian 6.0.5 squeeze, AMD 64, 3 gigs ram, toshiba l645d laptop. ATI graphics card. ATI drivers (not gen linux drivers).

i installed winbind. im not comfortable with editing that reg items tho. ill have to do more reading i guess. thanks for the help :)
charvey

Post by charvey »

err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
err:d3d9:device_parent_CreateSurface (0x17194c) CreateSurface failed, returning 0x8876017c

this would be set in the Direct3d key yes? i need to tell it to use 256 of memory correct? so i would set /change that default value?
charvey

Post by charvey »

ok, im a bit lost here, i do not see a way to simply edit a post so ive made new ones <sigh>
anyway, i fixed the reg errors and when i run the game i get a clean error report from wine now. BUT...i did not fix the problems with graphics jumping around sometimes. its the avitars and doors to buildings. they glitch and blink at random. anyone els have this problem?
Im happy with the game performance over all, runs just as good as it did on windows so far. nothing ive found yet does not work and im over all impressed with it.

its just that random blinking of players and doors !!