Need help with photoshop cs(5, or 6)

Questions about Wine on Linux
Rukiri

Need help with photoshop cs(5, or 6)

Post by Rukiri »

I own 2 licenses of the adobe master suite which is CS5 and CS6, I decided since I'm only using Adobe software and play games(which is rare) but would just run them natively in windows as nvidia surround I hear is poor in linux.

I have seen people get CS6 working in Wine.

The OS that I'll be using is Arch Linux(cant comment on the package version but I assume it's 1.5.7) I'm using the archbang distro mainly because I'm using a wifi dongle and it happens to be AE1000 which doesn't work without the right drivers which you can't get until you install and if your doing LVM you need the internet. (yea..I know I need a pci adapter.)

Under virtualbox(as I'm making sure I can get it installed before I move on) I have always gotten(for CS6) Installation failed and it gave me 3 reason why that may be, the install starts but fails.

With CS5 I did get it to install but only when I copied over adobe folder from program files over to linux that I got cs5 working, the brush doesn't hold though<.< I don't do paintings with linux but require cmyk and 32bit and higher color which is why I refuse to use gimp but for my web design stuff I am thinking of using gimp just not for my paid jobs.

Here's my PC specs so if somethings wrong maybe I can get help.

Case: Silverstone Fortress FT02B-W
CPU: i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E LGA 2011
GPU: Galaxy: Nvidia Geforce GTX 680,
Mobo: Asrock X79 Extreme9 w' creative sound
RAM: 2X Patriot 2 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ (64GB max)
SSD: Muchkin 128GB, HDD: Western Digital 1TB Green
PSU: Rosewill Lightning 1000W

I've seen people use CS6 so any help is awesome.

Oh yea, when I tried running CS6 the cursor would spin and wine would come up and close. With Cs5 it did work. So it's probably because I don't have the right drivers.
dimesio

Re: Need help with photoshop cs(5, or 6)

Post by dimesio »

Rukiri wrote: Under virtualbox(as I'm making sure I can get it installed before I move on) I have always gotten(for CS6) Installation failed and it gave me 3 reason why that may be, the install starts but fails.
This has nothing to do with Wine. Ask for help on the VirtualBox forum.

As for installing it in Wine, check the AppDB for howtos. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... ion&iId=17