Font Sizes dont get normal after upgr to 1.5.7

Questions about Wine on Linux
akI*
Level 3
Level 3

Font Sizes dont get normal after upgr to 1.5.7

Post by akI* »

Hi,

maybe im doing wrong in upgrading wine but as i read in this bug http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30869 the fontsizes had to be fixed with an upgrade from 1.5.6 to 1.5.7.

For me the upgrade dont fixes the problem to the installed programs.

Programs installed with 1.5.5 or lower: normal fontsize
Programs installed with 1.5.6: bigger fontsize (even after upgrading to 1.5.7 and refreshing the prefixes)
Programs installed with 1.5.7: normal fontsize

To upgrading wine i used (as always) zypper up wine. Is there anything else i forgot to do to get the fontsize of my installed programs (with 1.5.6) to the normal size? Or am i used to reinstall these ones (i will not reinstall them at all, but would be nice to know)?
dimesio

Re: Font Sizes dont get normal after upgr to 1.5.7

Post by dimesio »

akI* wrote: Programs installed with 1.5.6: bigger fontsize (even after upgrading to 1.5.7 and refreshing the prefixes)
I'm not seeing that behavior at all, and neither is the person who reported bug 30869. It sounds like you did something else to mess up the wineprefix, and fixed that by reinstalling to a clean one in 1.5.7.
akI*
Level 3
Level 3

Post by akI* »

Im not the one who wrote in the bug. It seems that he got the same problem like me but on ubuntu or a variant (im on opensuse).
I only can say what i did and what i see as result.

I did "zypper up wine" which brings me the following paketupdates:

Upgrading wine to 1.5.7-173.2
Upgrading wine-32bit to 1.5.7-173.2
Upgrading wine-gecko to 1.6-28.1

After the updates finished i refreshed all my wineprefixes by clicking the desktopicons. Then the wine popup window appear with the dialog that "the configuration of .wine-MY-PROGRAM-PATH will now be updated".

That finished fine and the program starts, but with the big fontsize like before in 1.5.6.
Something seems to go wrong for me here. I only would like to figure out what exactly.

For me its not a fatal error its only an optical issue but if it is fixed for most of the users and for me not im wondering what i maybe did wrong.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

akI* wrote: That finished fine and the program starts, but with the big fontsize like before in 1.5.6.
Something seems to go wrong for me here. I only would like to figure out what exactly.

For me its not a fatal error its only an optical issue but if it is fixed for most of the users and for me not im wondering what i maybe did wrong.
You said that apps installed in 1.5.7 are fine for you. So reinstall your apps to a clean wineprefix.
akI*
Level 3
Level 3

Post by akI* »

Deleting the apps the associated wineprefixes and Reinstalling it solved the fontsize.

But again my question, because i want to learn more about wine and why it doesnt fix the issue by only updating the installed apps to 1.5.7:
Am i doing wrong to upgrading my wineprefixes with the procdure i described?
Hasnt it to be solved also by upgrading the wineprefixes?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

akI* wrote: Am i doing wrong to upgrading my wineprefixes with the procdure i described?
No, you're not doing it wrong, but sometimes apps have to be reinstalled.
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi akI*,

just f.y.i. in http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30869 a user (not you?) describes a messed up registry key, which makes the issue persist.
akI*
Level 3
Level 3

Post by akI* »

Thank dimesio,
thanks lahmbi,

oh yes i see the additional comment right now.
I reinstalled both apps and it fixed the fontsize, but good to know that theres another way too.

[closed]