where are wine .debs for debian Lenny and Squeeze?!?

Questions about Wine on Linux
rekuli
Level 2
Level 2

where are wine .debs for debian Lenny and Squeeze?!?

Post by rekuli »

looking for recent debian packages, I only found those for sid, and the recent ubuntu ones do not work with lenny/squeeze unless I turn my debian into an ubuntu.
So: where are wine binary packages for lenny and squeeze?
Berillions
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Berillions »

You can use the Sid wine version on your Squeeze. Lenny is too old to use it.

To use correctly the dev-carbon packages, you must to install this package "lib32asound2" from Wheezy otherwise you'll have an error during the installation.

Other solution, build yourself wine like me.
rekuli
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rekuli »

Thanks, but I do not wish to use unstable packages. Build myself -- worth a thought, but I suppose I need to upgrade diverse packages from outside of squeeze just to be able to compile wine...

But the question still remains: with binary packages being built for many systems, why aren't there any CURRENT wine binaries for the CURRENT stable debian releases (Squeeze), which excludes Sid and Wheezy?
Official debian package for wine is 1.0.1!
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

rekuli wrote: But the question still remains: with binary packages being built for many systems, why aren't there any CURRENT wine binaries for the CURRENT stable debian releases (Squeeze), which excludes Sid and Wheezy?
Official debian package for wine is 1.0.1!
Distro package maintainers are volunteers, and it's up to them what they want to build.
rekuli
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rekuli »

of course -- I did not mean to be rude, just to clarify my question :-)
but I think it's a bit strange that one of the most widely used distros has no volunteer to do bin packages... however.
I'll resort to try and compile a stable release of wine myself ;-))