Resident Evil 4 on Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
MarkLaw19

Resident Evil 4 on Wine

Post by MarkLaw19 »

Hello to all.

I have just registered to this forums so i would like to make my first topic here.

I've installed Wine 1.4 in Linux Mint 13 Maya, and just installed Resident Evil 4 to it. Back when i was a windows user, i played RE4 (without the patch v1.10 because this patch lags my laptop) in Windows XP, and it runs very well. But then i changed to Linux Mint due to Activation problems (more accurately software counterfeiting) and wanted to play RE4 in here too.

Here's the problem. After i installed it, i can run the programs, all the menus was ok, but then when i wanted to play it and load Leon, it was very lagging! I can hardly able to move Leon around.

Anyway, my laptop is Acer Aspire 4715Z with graphic card Mobile Intel 965 Graphics Media Accelerator.

Any help would be appreciated.
dimesio

Re: Resident Evil 4 on Wine

Post by dimesio »

MarkLaw19 wrote:Here's the problem. After i installed it, i can run the programs, all the menus was ok, but then when i wanted to play it and load Leon, it was very lagging! I can hardly able to move Leon around.
The AppDB has a howto that specifically addresses slowdown.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=8706
MarkLaw19

Post by MarkLaw19 »

Wow, thanks for posting.

Will try that later since i'm in other computers. Will post again if it works or not. :)
MarkLaw19

Post by MarkLaw19 »

It works, however it only boosts my games slightly. I remember it used to run faster than that when i was using it in Windows. Maybe because it is a loader so it takes up some performance for it to run.

Anyway, thanks for the help, really appreciate it. :D