WINE stalled, printer says it's printed, but it hasn't

Questions about Wine on Linux
desert_gold

Post by desert_gold »

I installed a Z1300 Lexmark printer using WINEHQ and CUPS on a Toshiba Satellite M115 S3049 laptop. I am running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.

It found the driver to install. I installed that, tried to print a test print and then something else. You could see the processing, then that would disappear, but the printer had not printed. Looking BACK at the printing jobs done, it said that they had been printed, but they weren't. What do I do now? I am an "Absolute Beginner" in Ubuntu and Wine.
John Drescher

Post by John Drescher »

I installed a Z1300 Lexmark printer using WINEHQ and CUPS on a Toshiba Satellite M115 S3049 laptop.  I am running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.

It found the driver to install.  I installed that, tried to print a test print and then something else.  You could see the processing, then that would disappear, but the printer had not printed.  Looking BACK at the printing jobs done, it said that they had been printed, but they weren't.  What do I do now?  I am an "Absolute Beginner" in Ubuntu and Wine.
Does it printer work in linux applications?

Are you using a linux driver for your printer? You can not use a windows driver.

--
John M. Drescher
eddykho

Post by eddykho »

I have the same problem too. I am using Fedora 16. Printer is being installed using its driver for linux.
Need help badly.
Martin Gregorie

Post by Martin Gregorie »

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 20:00 -0500, eddykho wrote:
I have the same problem too. I am using Fedora 16. Printer is being installed using its driver for linux.
Need help badly.
What printing server settings are you using?

You check this by looking at the 'Printing' applet (Activities|
Applications if you're using Gnome 3, the default window manager) and
selecting Server|Settings.

For Wine to find your printers you'll need to have enabled 'Publish
shared printers connected to this system' and 'Allow printing from the
Internet'. Under Fedora these are disabled by default.

Martin