World of Warcraft Patch 1.12.1 Framerate absolutely horrible

Questions about Wine on Linux
x

World of Warcraft Patch 1.12.1 Framerate absolutely horrible

Post by x »

Hey!

I have a particular love for "vanilla" or "classic" WoW, and hence I join some of the servers that run that (I play retail too, so I'm clean!). But with the 1.12.1 install on your fantastic software, on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS install, my frames per second in the game is always as low as 12, to 15, to 18...

I've edited the config.wtf file so that it has the line SET gxApi "opengl" in it, and also done the regedit thing with the GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object line in the OpenGL folder... But none of this helps at all, and I'd love some more advice for my quite particular case. I've lowered the graphics to the lowest standards possible and the FPS is still just as ridiculous and I've been searching the web for six hours trying to find someone with the same specific problem as I, with no luck..

Any advice? Thanks for taking time out to read!
x

Update

Post by x »

Alright, I finally discovered that I had no graphic drivers installed, and hence it upped the fps to roughly 25-30 fps, but I still know this computer should get to 45-50... Any more advice? Must be narrowed down quite nicely by now!

Cheers.