trigger wine old chinese font

Questions about Wine on Linux
sportfreak2020
Level 2
Level 2

trigger wine old chinese font

Post by sportfreak2020 »

My ubuntu box currently has wine 1.4 ... ubuntu 10.04 .. 32 bit ... minimal server install .. i had this program working perfectly with the chinese language on wine 1.2.3 .. but now in wine 1.4 its broken in some places .. the info is as follows:

1. i was using simsun as the primary font in wine1.2 everything worked, and now with the same settings the tahoma related fonts are garbled on wine 1.4
2. I have tried various iterations of chinese fonts to get the tahoma text get fixed but nothing in vain ..
3. tried looking up the change log, could not find anything related to tahoma ..

any input is greatly appreciated ..
Thank you ..
sportfreak2020
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sportfreak2020 »

also is there a way to trigger that old version of wine just for that program ?? that program is triggered via the shell script with the command:

LANG="zh_CN.UTF-8" wine TEMP/terminal.exe
DanKegel

Post by DanKegel »

Do the suggestions at the end of
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16325
help any?

Yes, you can run old versions of wine for particular apps;
you just need to install the old version of wine in e.g. /usr/local/wine-1.2.3
and run /usr/local/wine-1.2.3/bin/wine instead of wine,
and you probably need to have a separate WINEPREFIX, e.g.
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-old
before running that app.
sportfreak2020
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sportfreak2020 »

tried installing the fonts as mentioned in the last post mentioned in the URL that was posted .. nothing in vain .. i see that there is a lot of discussion about default tahoma fonts acting crazy .. how do i go about checking/fixing that ?!
sportfreak2020
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sportfreak2020 »

hey dan .. thank you for the suggestion on installing the older version of wine on a diff folder .. that worked out perfect for me .. so only this one application for the chinese was set to start from the older version of wine .. the others use the default wine version..

for guys who might come back with a similar situation, its easy to install another version of wine .. JUST DO IT ...

thank you and peace !!! 8)