Hi im new, With questions about helping an app

Questions about Wine on Linux
Nith

Hi im new, With questions about helping an app

Post by Nith »

Hi,

New forum go'er and a Linux enthusiast. (should be noted that i am a novice-intermediate Linux user, but a++ cert for windows)

Looking for advice on how to "do my part" in regards to an application i would like to use with Linux.

The Secret world is an upcoming game from Funcom which is currently under an NDA...however this will be lifted for this up coming weekend beta, which brings me to my questions:

1.Firstly i would like to know what is the details and requirements of submitting this for a new item in the appDatabase?

2.What tools and information should i use/acquire to capture all the information i can to help the community.

Thank you in advance,

Nith.
dimesio

Re: Hi im new, With questions about helping an app

Post by dimesio »

Nith wrote: 1.Firstly i would like to know what is the details and requirements of submitting this for a new item in the appDatabase?
Create an AppDB account, log in, click "Submit App" in the menu on the left, and follow the prompts. The information it's going to ask you for is the stuff that appears in every AppDB entry (name of app, version, vendor, a brief description), along with a test report.
2.What tools and information should i use/acquire to capture all the information i can to help the community.
Install it and try to run it as you would normally. If it works, there's nothing more to be done. If it doesn't, file bugs for what doesn't work, and attach ordinary console output. If in doubt, post questions here first.
Nith

Post by Nith »

Thank you good Sir!