Compiling wine gphoto2 error

Questions about Wine on Linux
cyphaw
Level 2
Level 2

Compiling wine gphoto2 error

Post by cyphaw »

Hello there.

I usually get my wine binaries through PlayonLinux, but this time, I want to get a patched version of wine, so I tried to compile it myself, and failed, so I'm here to ask for help.

So I have a debian sid 64 bits, I'm trying to compile a 32 bits version of wine 1.5.3

So I followed the wiki here http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head ... 7aa692f9b1

I downloaded the source and patched it without problem.

Then I used
CC="gcc-4.4 -m32" LDFLAGS="-m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32" ./configure -v --prefix=/home/laurent/Desktop/compiled

I get the 5 following warnings that don't seem to be problematic:

Code: Select all

configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: OSS sound system found but too old (OSSv4 needed), OSS won't be supported.
configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libjpeg 32-bit development files not found, JPEG won't be supported.
Then make depend, that doesn't give me any warnings or errors, and finally make, that always stops with those errors, that google doesn't help me to solve:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/laurent/Desktop/wine-1.5.3/dlls/gphoto2.ds'
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -m32 -B../../tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ./gphoto2.ds.spec capability.o ds_image.o gphoto2_main.o ui.o      gphoto2.res    -o gphoto2.ds.so  -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32  ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2_port -m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32 
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2.so when searching for -lgphoto2
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2.a when searching for -lgphoto2
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2.so when searching for -lgphoto2
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2.a when searching for -lgphoto2
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-info-list.o)' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-log.o)' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port.o)' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-portability.o)' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-result.o)' is incompatible with i386 output
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-info-list.o): In function `foreach_func':
(.text+0x47): undefined reference to `lt_dlopenext'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-info-list.o): In function `foreach_func':
(.text+0x60): undefined reference to `lt_dlsym'
(.text+0x70): undefined reference to `lt_dlsym'
(.text+0xcb): undefined reference to `lt_dlclose'
(.text+0x151): undefined reference to `lt_dlerror'
(.text+0x18a): undefined reference to `lt_dlclose'
(.text+0x1cf): undefined reference to `lt_dlclose'
(.text+0x1d9): undefined reference to `lt_dlerror'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-info-list.o): In function `gp_port_info_list_load':
(.text+0x430): undefined reference to `lt_dlinit'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port-info-list.o): In function `gp_port_info_list_load':
(.text+0x438): undefined reference to `lt_dladdsearchdir'
(.text+0x448): undefined reference to `lt_dlforeachfile'
(.text+0x44f): undefined reference to `lt_dlexit'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port.o): In function `gp_port_free':
(.text+0x1ead): undefined reference to `lt_dlclose'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port.o): In function `gp_port_free':
(.text+0x1eb2): undefined reference to `lt_dlexit'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port.o): In function `gp_port_set_info':
(.text+0x2224): undefined reference to `lt_dlclose'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgphoto2_port.a(libgphoto2_port_la-gphoto2-port.o): In function `gp_port_set_info':
(.text+0x2229): undefined reference to `lt_dlexit'
(.text+0x2231): undefined reference to `lt_dlinit'
(.text+0x2245): undefined reference to `lt_dlopenext'
(.text+0x226d): undefined reference to `lt_dlsym'
(.text+0x2511): undefined reference to `lt_dlerror'
(.text+0x2549): undefined reference to `lt_dlexit'
(.text+0x2558): undefined reference to `lt_dlerror'
(.text+0x259e): undefined reference to `lt_dlclose'
(.text+0x25a3): undefined reference to `lt_dlexit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: gcc-4.4 failed
make[1]: *** [gphoto2.ds.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/laurent/Desktop/wine-1.5.3/dlls/gphoto2.ds'
make: *** [dlls/gphoto2.ds] Error 2
The problem doesn't come from the patch, I have reports of people compiling successfully with it.
This is kind of frustrating, I've never been able to compile wine and can't find any information to help me.

Thanks for any help!
cyphaw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyphaw »

As an update, I have the exact same error while trying to compile wine 1.4 and 1.3.37.
jjmckenzie

Re: Compiling wine gphoto2 error

Post by jjmckenzie »

cyphaw wrote:Hello there.

I usually get my wine binaries through PlayonLinux, but this time, I want to get a patched version of wine, so I tried to compile it myself, and failed, so I'm here to ask for help.

So I have a debian sid 64 bits, I'm trying to compile a 32 bits version of wine 1.5.3

So I followed the wiki here http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head ... 7aa692f9b1

Then I used
CC="gcc-4.4 -m32" LDFLAGS="-m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32" ./configure -v --prefix=/home/laurent/Desktop/compiled

configure: OpenCL 32-bit development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: OSS sound system found but too old (OSSv4 needed), OSS won't be supported.
configure: libgsm 32-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libjpeg 32-bit development files not found, JPEG won't be supported.
You need to find and install the 32 bit libraries for all dependencies for Wine. This is causing multiple problems for your 32 bit build.

../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -m32 -B../../tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ./gphoto2.ds.spec capability.o ds_image.o gphoto2_main.o ui.o      gphoto2.res    -o gphoto2.ds.so  -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32  ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2_port -m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32 
[/quote]

You are trying to build a 32 bit program against a 64 bit library.  This is not working here for libgphoto2.

James
cyphaw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyphaw »

jjmckenzie wrote:
cyphaw wrote:Hello there.

Then I used

You need to find and install the 32 bit libraries for all dependencies for Wine. This is causing multiple problems for your 32 bit build.
Yes, I know but I can't find which packages are needed, and it doesn't seem necessary according to the wiki

[/quote]

You are trying to build a 32 bit program against a 64 bit library.  This is not working here for libgphoto2.

James[/quote]

Well, I'm not on purpose, but it seems that it's what's happening, do you have any idea of how to correct that?
I used CC="gcc-4.4 -m32" LDFLAGS="-m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32" ./configure -v during configure. Do I need to specify some things when I launch make? I really can't figure it out.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

cyphaw wrote: Yes, I know but I can't find which packages are needed, and it doesn't seem necessary according to the wiki
The wiki says "On Debian you may need to add some more..."
Well, I'm not on purpose, but it seems that it's what's happening, do you have any idea of how to correct that?
You need to install the 32 bit libraries. If they are installed, you may need to add symlinks. Check the configure log to see exactly what Wine is looking for.

If you don't know what packages to install, ask your distro.
cyphaw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyphaw »

I actually solved it. Kind of. I'm not sure if what I did was right or not, but I was able to continue to compile and use wine without any problems (yet?)

I directly went to gphoto2.ds directory, and launch the compilation command manually, but removing the 64bits flags.

I launch that:

../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -m32 -B../../tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ./gphoto2.ds.spec capability.o ds_image.o gphoto2_main.o ui.o gphoto2.res -o gphoto2.ds.so -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32 ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm -lgphoto2_port -m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32

Instead of that:

../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -m32 -B../../tools/winebuild --sysroot=../.. -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -shared ./gphoto2.ds.spec capability.o ds_image.o gphoto2_main.o ui.o gphoto2.res -o gphoto2.ds.so -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -ladvapi32 ../../libs/port/libwine_port.a -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port -lm -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lgphoto2_port -m32 -L/lib32 -L/usr/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/lib32 -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib32 
The compilation worked of gphoto2 worked, then I went back to the main source folder, launch make again, and the compilation finished without problems (it worked with 1.3.37 and 1.5.3, didn't test with 1.4).

Is that a good way of solving the problem or not? Can it cause problems later?