wine internal errors invalid parameters steam

Questions about Wine on Linux
ruinairas
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ruinairas »

I always get the error of wine internal errors invalid parameters when I run Steam. It prevents me from viewing the store and anything related to the Internet. It appears as though the program loses connection? or some like of "flash player" crashes. I'm not familiar with how steam works, but it definitely worked in the past and now it doesn't after I compiled the latest source.

Fresh Wine Prefix, no additional installs, just Steam. Wine 1.4RC5 works on my laptop, I haven't updated yet.
John Drescher

Post by John Drescher »

I always get the error of wine internal errors invalid parameters when I run Steam. It prevents me from viewing the store and anything related to the Internet. It appears as though the program loses connection? or some like of "flash player" crashes. I'm not familiar with how steam works, but it definitely worked in the past and now it doesn't after I compiled the latest source.

Fresh Wine Prefix, no additional installs, just Steam. Wine 1.4RC5 works on my laptop, I haven't updated yet.
Terminal output would be helpful.

John
vitamin

Re: wine internal errors invalid parameters steam

Post by vitamin »

ruinairas wrote:I always get the error of wine internal errors invalid parameters when I run Steam.
See AppDB's page for troubleshooting Steam. There are number of suggestions you can try.
ruinairas
Level 3
Level 3

Fixed.

Post by ruinairas »

The problem was fixed in 1.4. :)
fluffysquid

Re: Fixed.

Post by fluffysquid »

ruinairas wrote:The problem was fixed in 1.4. :)

I am running 1.4 but i still get the error...
fluffysquid

Post by fluffysquid »

nevermind i figured it out
jandry

Post by jandry »

How ?
I've the same issue
ruinairas
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ruinairas »

It only occurs on Ubuntu 12.04. I ditched Ubuntu 12.04 all together and just use Windows. The error doesn't occur on 11.10 though.