Wine and sse2 solveation!

Questions about Wine on Linux
eujayoh

Post by eujayoh »

i tryed... all the ways to install studio one presonus, v 1.5.2 v1.6.5 v.2.0.4 all got the thing with SSE2 ... i really need that program function because i hate windows and xp now... i won`t return on there.. here is too good... but this is my only wish... if u can help me doin`it working.. something like dunno... how to make that exe install not to search for sse2 ...or something... i got sse2 on flags.. even sse3 .... if u can helpp me plz... i will colaborate... thanx a lot wine..
Aliciawheen

Post by Aliciawheen »

Hey, when you got the solution please tell!!!
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

the usual things: please install the latest release (new release due today).
Post terminal output. If it doesn't work, file a bug and provide a link to a demo, if available.

This probably won't help much, in
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/15/7030.page
http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/12633.page
they mention that WineAsio and winetricks pngfilt would be needed, and that you will have to copy the studio one folder over to linux (from an windows installation), since the presonus installer won't work (please file a bug, if there doesn't exist one already).

Another alternative might be to install e.g. Windows XP in Virtualbox or VMWare Player, though I really don't know, if all the sound-related stuff would work well there.
eujayoh

Post by eujayoh »

ye i did install latest wine... rc 4 i guess is that? ... but doesen`t help... thx for post ... waitin some respond for that sse2 ... come`on i know u can do it :D some`one :d
eujayoh

Post by eujayoh »

so the thing is.. How can i trick wine or how can i trick studio one install not to search for sse2 ... thats my hole problem ...
eujayoh

The thing with sse2.. partially is solved now :d

Post by eujayoh »

I`m not the type that.. something doesen`t work ..ye :P i` just leave`it..so i i solved`it like that.. who wanna hear`it.. installed VirtualMachine... installed win xp! ... installed Presonus there! Activate`it there.. then copy the whole folder.. where u installed`it... make an arhive... send`it on email.. get that mail on ubuntu .. install wine .. the latest.. rc4 or something like that.. than run presonus studio one exe with`it... and thats u have..ur done.. oh.. u`ll get some problems .. and this is why i left Ubuntu 12.04.. for win xp finnaly.. u`ll get the ms font error... so u will see nothing... ok.. i know presonus good... and i luckly pressed the good button to start presonus... i mention that i did activate`it on Vm Xp first...so u`ll get first the font problem and then u`ll get the sound problem.. and in that part i did nothing.. cauze it`s too f*#%%#( complicated... so no sound worked for me.. maybe ur in luck ... and also ... the vst will not work ... third party vst.. so.. so i need to mention too that graphics works quite well ... very well ... not bug at all .. so ... maybe this can be a good start for the developer... it works... but no sound for me... thx
script warlock

S1 on wine

Post by script warlock »

already posted the successful installation of S1 in presonus forum about the issue please check there. have also submitted the application to the wine guys.
script warlock

Post by script warlock »

some screenshots... http://tinyurl.com/7wvo66k
script warlock

Post by script warlock »

hmm it is indeed possible to just open it on your windows partition the presonus exe without installing anything on linux.