Ubuntu doesn't Wine to update

Questions about Wine on Linux
Aerosol

Ubuntu doesn't Wine to update

Post by Aerosol »

Hello. When trying to update Wine, I get a "Requires installation of untrusted packages" error, with "wine1.3 wine1.3-gecko" listed under details. What have I done now?
dimesio

Re: Ubuntu doesn't Wine to update

Post by dimesio »

Aerosol wrote:Hello. When trying to update Wine, I get a "Requires installation of untrusted packages" error, with "wine1.3 wine1.3-gecko" listed under details. What have I done now?
Packages are created by the distros. Ask on the Ubuntu forum.
Aerosol

Post by Aerosol »

sure thing. While I'm here though...

Mechcommander Gold keeps crashing on me during the opening video with the "this program has encountered an error and needs to close" message. More specifically, the video freezes, and I have to press escape for anything to happen, which is when I get that error message.

I have Wine version 1.3.28. I've tried running the program under various versions of Windows by changing the settings on Wine, and there was no difference. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask for help on this.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Aerosol wrote: Mechcommander Gold keeps crashing on me during the opening video with the "this program has encountered an error and needs to close" message. More specifically, the video freezes, and I have to press escape for anything to happen, which is when I get that error message.

I have Wine version 1.3.28. I've tried running the program under various versions of Windows by changing the settings on Wine, and there was no difference. I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask for help on this.
Upgrade to the latest version of Wine, and if that doesn't fix it, post terminal output (if long, use pastebin and post a link here).