Counter-Strike Source Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Questions about Wine on Linux
Opideousneo

Counter-Strike Source Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Post by Opideousneo »

Ok this is what I got. I am trying to run Steam/Counter-Strike Source. I know that there is Graphic lag and emulation lag. So the issue is when i go into Source I have a black background. I can see the text but no picture in the back when I get onto a server I cant see anything and if I do its all dark shadows with no true texture. Something odd as well when I first go into Counter-Strike Source I see artifacting there are squares of textures in the game. Its odd i get sound I get everything else just no true gaming I will take pictures and post in game for you to show you what I mean. :x :x :x So until i get the screenshot I am on my last of 3 re-installs of this if someone has an answer for me please let me know. This is what i have done so far..

I am running wine in Windows Xp mode.
I have DX 9 undated.
I installed flash
I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled wine playonlinux, and winetrix.
I need help with this one guys. I really dont want to go back to windows I hope to hear back from you thanks.[/img]
dimesio

Re: Counter-Strike Source Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Post by dimesio »

Opideousneo wrote: I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled wine playonlinux,
PlayOnLinux is not supported here. Reinstall in plain Wine following the instructions in the AppDB. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=3731
Opideousneo

Post by Opideousneo »

what i should have said is! I have tried just wine and i tried playonlinux. So yeah i have seen that the AppDB link before but I dont know how to follow that. Can you please explain how to follow that on there?
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

Opideousneo wrote:So yeah i have seen that the AppDB link before but I dont know how to follow that.
You mean you do not know how to click on a link? Or you don't know how to use regedit?

What your Wine version, video card and drivers?
Woozie_CZ

Post by Woozie_CZ »

I had the exact problem and the solution was really easy:
Right-click on CS:S, choose Properties, click on Set Launch Options and write there "-dxlevel 81" (without "", you can also try 80, if 81 does not work).
meanordljato

thanks wine force counter strike source startup direct x 8

Post by meanordljato »

it now works forcing direct x 8 instead of 9 when using wine