Artrage 3.5.4 on Ubuntu 11.10

Questions about Wine on Linux
dernierrecours

Post by dernierrecours »

I installed Artrage Studio Pro 3.5.4 on Ubuntu 11.10. The installation went fine as long as the shortcut calls are unchecked. The program is launched automatically after installation and it works fine. However, I can't launch it afterwards. This is what I get.

Code: Select all

wine "/home/anonymous/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ambient Design/ArtRage Studio Pro/ArtRage Studio Pro.exe"
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 8 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x13d9c0,0x13d844): stub
fixme:process:RegisterApplicationRestart (L"-rm",0)
Any idea?
vitamin

Re: Artrage 3.5.4 on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by vitamin »

dernierrecours wrote:I installed Artrage Studio Pro 3.5.4 on Ubuntu 11.10. The installation went fine as long as the shortcut calls are unchecked.
See AppDB page for your application for some ideas: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=1901

Of course first try 'cd' into application directory before running it. If that won't help, install corefonts.
mehor

Post by mehor »

I've posted a question at ArtRage forums regarding this issue. So, it seems that starting and closing AR3 works normally, except in one case: if the window is maximized and you close AR3 while it's still maximized. In this case, next start of AR3 will result in application running, but not showing on screen or panel.

So, the temporary solution might be to make sure you "un-maximize" AR3 window every time you're about to close the application.

In case you forget to do that and end up with non-showing application, there is an option to restore default window setting: delete ArtRage.prs file located in

Code: Select all

~/.wine/drive_c/users/<your_username>/Application Data/Ambient Design/ArtRage 3/
jjmckenzie

Post by jjmckenzie »

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 7:06 AM, mehor <[email protected]> wrote:
I've posted a question (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/sh ... post389042) at ArtRage
forums regarding this issue. So, it seems that starting and closing AR3 works normally, except in one case: if the
window is maximized and you close AR3 while it's still maximized. In this case, next start of AR3 will result in
application running, but not showing on screen or panel.
If there is an Applications Database entry for this program, please
update it. If there is not one, please create one. Users sometimes
start with the AppDb and finding nothing, just post messages here in
the forums.

Thank you.

James
mehor

Post by mehor »

Absolutely. I've just created a new entry considering AR3 v.3.5.4, which contains a note about this issue.