Wrong exiting from MS Word + can't save MS Word document

Questions about Wine on Linux
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Wrong exiting from MS Word + can't save MS Word document

Post by oiaohm »

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/149488- ... r-install/
I am sorry to say install failure resulting in Powerpoint and Outlook not working is normal MS Office install failure. Yes happens under windows and OS X(native OS X version of MS Office) as well as wine. So powerpoint and outlook failure this way is just proving wine bug for bug compatibility. Creating a new prefix under wine sounds bad until you find out Microsoft instructions for Windows end up directing you to format and reinstall complete hard drive. Yes wine repair instructions here is following the Microsoft ones for the same issue on Windows. OS X MS Office you have to run quite a complex removal process when same fault happens. So I do advise you make a backup of your wineprefix with MS Office installed successfully due to how much of a nasty bit of works MS Office can be to attempt to install. Installing MS Office successfully is more good luck than good management.

"My Network Places" bit I can answer its not implemented in wine don't even attempt to use it. Use Linux/OS X native mounting of network shares you need to access and then use winecfg to assign drive letters to those locations. Wine is not a emulator of windows there are many things that wine does not implement and with no particular reason to implement.