Sixaxis joystick with evdev - incorrect axis mapping

Questions about Wine on Linux
victhor393

Sixaxis joystick with evdev - incorrect axis mapping

Post by victhor393 »

I am trying to use a sixaxis/dualshock 3 controller (ps3 controller) on wine with the evdev driver. However, the X axis is mapped to a motion control axis (responds to vertical movement) instead of the left analog stick X axis. How can I remap the joystick axes so the left analog stick X axis (axis 0 in evdev) is used as the X axis? All other axes (Y, Right analog X and Y) work as expected. I use openSUSE 12.1 x64, package is "wine", version "1.5.7-173.2".
I can't use joydev, I get some sort of input lag and freezes with the joydev driver, these do not occur with evdev.
victhor393

Post by victhor393 »

bump
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

victhor393

Post by victhor393 »

I have tried doing this, I have read some other posts but I don't quite understand how to use this option.
evdev axis 0 is supposed to be used as "X", but for some reason "X" appears to be set to axis 24, but the Wine joystick mapping only goes for up to 16 axes, and setting the joystick axis mapping to "X,Y,Z,Rx,Ry,Rz,Slider1,Slider2,POV1,POV2,POV3,POV4" causes the application (Falcon BMS) to crash. Is there any sort of joystick test application for Wine?
lahmbi5678
Level 7
Level 7

Post by lahmbi5678 »

Hi,

I don't use joysticks, but in latest wine there should be a config option for joysticks in winecfg. If that doesn't help you (don't know about the 16/24 axes, maybe a shortcoming in wine), you might file a bug and cc Lucas Zawacki, who is actively working on a joystick applet (google summer of code project).