Can't update Wine 4.0.2 on Debian 10.

Questions about Wine on Linux
MissingCiro

Can't update Wine 4.0.2 on Debian 10.

Post by MissingCiro »

Hello, I have been trying to solve this problem for about 4 hours.

I'm using Debian 10, I used to use Wine 6.0 but when I tried to update it to 7.0, I had to uninstall it and when I reinstall it, version 4.0.2 is installed.

Using Synaptic to install the latest version, I get an error about broken packages. I have tried to fix them from Synaptic but it won't let me because the system holds them.

I tried "sudo apt --fix-missing update", "sudo apt install -f", "sudo dpkg --configure -a", "sudo dpkg -l | grep ^..r" "sudo dpkg --remove - -force-remove-reinstreq" and "sudo apt clean" but neither worked. Synaptic keeps flagging a lot of Wine packages as broken and won't let me install them.

I've tried to fix source.list in /etc/apt, and put the Wine repositories back, but this didn't fix anything.

Using "sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-stable" the terminal says that "wine-stable (= 7.0.0.0~impish-1)" is missing
(That package is listed as broken in Synaptic)

Using "sudo apt-get install wine-stable" missing dependencies appear, these being "lib6 (2.34)" (Won't let me install higher than 2.28), "wine-stable-i386 (= 7.0.0.0~impish-1 )" (Requests lib6, libldap-2.5-0:i386 "But not installable", libvkd3d1:i386 "But won't install")

Honestly, I'm afraid to uninstall Wine again to reinstall it, because of all the broken packages. I haven't found any more solutions and I don't know what else to do.
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Can't update Wine 4.0.2 on Debian 10.

Post by invisible kid »

Just a fellow user, and I don't use Debian too much, but I do know they seem pretty good about keeping the wine packages fresh. Someone will probably come along and double-check your repository file and maybe suggest specific names to install(they might have multiple versions). Sorry I'm not much help, just keeping the convo going until someone responds with better info.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Can't update Wine 4.0.2 on Debian 10.

Post by jkfloris »

Using "sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-stable" the terminal says that "wine-stable (= 7.0.0.0~impish-1)" is missing
It looks like you added the wrong Wine repository. Debian 10 is called Buster.